Thursday, March 24, 2016

I won!

At the beginning of last period today, Beth, our computer lab tech, walked into my classroom. To be honest, Beth scares me a little. For a split second, I wondered if I was delinquent in returning a piece of equipment. 

Just as I scanned my brain and determined that I did not have any overdue technology equipment in my possession, Beth handed me some cash and told me that I was the winner of this week's 50/50 staff raffle. 

I won! I won! 

Is this how Hagrid feels when he finds and devours contraband before I can stop him? SCORE! YUM! [Licks his chops.]

It was a modest $20 but I feel like a million bucks.

Hello, 3-day weekend!


12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am usually not very lucky; so I applaud your good fortune. I love how you compare your winnings to Hagrid snagging a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely win anything, so this was sooooo awesome! I'm still smiling about it.

      Delete
  2. I can certainly relate to wondering what equipment I may have forgotten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how we do that. I'm very responsible, but I get nervous when Beth shows up unannounced.

      Delete
  3. Wow! You won! I have only won once in the last 15 years! You are lucky. Yes, I love the analogy to Hagrid's discoveries. Treat yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that Hagrid never loses hope that he will find something delicious on our walks and get to it sooner than I can stop him. With the odds at 1 win per 15 years, I'm going to have to savor this moment. :)

      Delete
  4. It is always so fun to win things (no matter what they are) because I so rarely do. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a great story! What a contrast of your feelings of anticipatory guilt washed away by the splendor of winning. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice that what you thought was going to be a negative turned into a positive! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you immediately compared it to your pet! (I assume Hagrid is your pet ? :-)
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You give me hope in the 50/50 because I have always wondered if anyone really wins these things. I hope you did something nice for yourself with the money. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.