Saturday, March 19, 2016

Sunrise, batmobile, and a lion dance troupe: spirit whisperings on a Saturday morning

Sighting of the batmobile on a glorious Saturday morning

Saturday morning. I linger in bed, basking in the morning sun rays flooding into my bedroom window, grateful that I do not have to be anywhere until Hagrid's late morning nosework class. I'm not usually around during this elusive window of time when the morning sun lights up my bedroom. For the next half hour I allow myself to enjoy this present from the universe, as though my spirit guides sent this sunrise directly to me

I am an introvert. I spend evenings and weekends recovering from the overstimulating non-stop pace of teaching. This morning, though, I'm in super special recovery. I have survived another 8 hr PTA conference marathon week. 38 conferences spread over 3 days. I am pulp. I dream of a secluded cave surrounded by turquoise blue water and fine powdery sand. 

My spirit guides must have heard me. 

On my way to nosework class with Hagrid this morning, a yellow batmobile appeared out of nowhere. I chuckled out loud. Uplifted, I knew this was a postcard from my departed loved ones, a wink to the superhero powers that reside in all of us, even when we are feeling depleted and worn down, a reminder not to give away my power.

I immediately imagined turning my red Honda Fit into a Wonder Woman themed Hotwheels mobile.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2016/03/hot-wheels-rolls-out-four-new-character-cars-but-wonder-woman-steals-the-show/

Later in the morning, I drove past a youth lion dance troupe in front of the Tango Society of Boston studio in my neighborhood. They were dressed in full performance costumes, complete with drums, cymbals, and colorful lion headpieces. Lion dance in March, long after lunar New Year, and nowhere near Chinatown? What the what?! This was definitely a special delivery from my spirit guides, as though to say, none of this is just a coincidence; we see you, we hear you, we are with you. I am buoyed by the feeling of not being alone.

Here is a video of a lion dance routine I want to teach Hagrid:






6 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore reading this piece. I felt as though I was meandering through the day with you, and also ended up similarly buoyed by your restorative thoughts. Hope tomorrow is just as restful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your descriptions in the opening of this piece. The sunrise just for you! Wow! Your spirit guides have been with you throughout the day. First, the batmobile! Then the Youth Lion Dance Troupe. Hope Hagrid's class went well. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You regularly remind me that the signs are there if we open ourselves to noticing them. I am so glad you were able to restore yourself. These weeks are not humane. That you are a superhero, though, is a fact I agree with wholeheartedly. Like Ariel, I, too, was driving through the day with you. Hope you have a great Sunday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the your red car retrofitted! Love how you got a positive message from the road - a yellow superhero car. These words really resonate with me - "I spend evenings and weekends recovering from the overstimulating non-stop pace of teaching." So true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Maureen. I love, love, love my job, but I also can't wait to get home and just kind of dwell in the quiet. And then there are parent teacher conference days. I love talking to families, but I am tired when it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful slice. I love those mornings you describe. And Hagrid? Awesome name. I am a weird combo introvert/extrovert--and I completely get the need to recharge in a secluded haven. The Universe sends us signs and messages if we are open to receiving. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.